Since I started doing a project pan for makeup on MakeupTalk, I have really evaluated how much stuff I have that I need to get rid of. Seriously I could probably go three years without buying makeup at this point. I’m not one for “collecting” makeup or hanging on to it. I’m truly searching for my HG items here. So let’s take a look at the most recent dent in my stash:
- Yes to Cucumbers makeup removing wipes: Love these. I have another pack of these to use and I’d like to try their new coconut ones after those are gone.
- B&BW True Blue Spa Malibu Smooth Body Scrub: This is heavenly! I don’t see it on the B&BW site at the moment and I’ll be pretty pissed if it’s gone. This is my favorite body scrub because it is gentle, smells great, and is often included in B2G1 deals.
- B&BW True Blue Spa Super Softening Hand Lotion: This is a winter lifesaver for me! It works amazingly on hands and elbows to help combat the dry winter awfulness.
- B&BW Coconut Lime Breeze body butter: This smells *so good* but I’ve had it since the winter semi-annual sale and I am so ready to move on to something new.
- LUSH Cupcake face mask: Love love love love. That is all.
- OPI Expert Touch lacquer remover: This is a small sample I received with an Ulta order, and I can’t wait to buy a bottle of this when my current Up&Up brand remover runs out. This melted the polish from my nails in the best way and didn’t damage my nails.
- Ole Henriksen truth serum: So in December, I tanned in a tanning bed for hopefully the last time ever, breaking an addiction that I had for over 10 years. My skin is still in good shape, but I’m paranoid about the damage I’ve caused that I can’t see yet. I started using this serum in hopes of the Vitamin C helping to rebuild my skin. Honestly I haven’t gotten any miraculous results even after six months of use. I have two more samples I’ll use up but I won’t repurchase.
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Go Curlier heat activated spray: I had high hopes for this, but I didn’t see a huge difference. Wouldn’t repurchase.
- Jergens BB Body skin perfecting cream: This smells *amazing.* I would like to repurchase this to use on my legs all the time. I didn’t notice that the color did or didn’t do anything but that smell is spectacular.
- Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare styling cream: Nah. My first try with the Carol’s Daughter line and it didn’t do anything special for my hair.
- Jessica Simpson perfume, Fancy: I really like this! My BF picked it out for me about two years ago. I won’t be repurchasing just because I got bored with it after two years and the scent changed a little over that time.
- B&BW Antibac in Sweet Pea: Not much to say about this. Everyone knows what this smells like and probably has two around the house.
- Mary Kay Makeup Setting Spray: This is Skindinavia made, according to the bottle, but I don’t feel like it performed as well as my usual Urban Decay All-Nighter. I also didn’t like the spray action, and the price per oz is more expensive then through UD.
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck: My HG matte neutral brown. Sometimes I use it for my brows but I use it on my lids as the base almost every day.
- Eyeshadow from a Loreal test panel: I’ve got to throw this out. It is SUCH a pretty rose gold. Unfortunately the staying power is awful and I haven’t worn it since I tested it a few months ago. There are better dupes in my Naked 3 palette.
- Elizabeth Mott it’s so big mascara: I like this; it reminded me of Maybelline Great Lash. The formula and wand were nice but I wouldn’t pay full price or shipping for it.
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero: This black was great for me! I just have several others to get through. Man I wish these liners were twist-up but with better packaging than Stila’s twist-up liners. That would be perfection.
- e.l.f. Shine Eraser sheets: I go through these so fast! For a buck they are my go-to blotting sheets.
I’m pretty happy with what I used up this month, especially the full-size lotions. Those can take forever! I haven’t hit any of my project pan items yet but I’m working on it. What are your project pan goals?
Ipsy July 2014
So Ipsy is basically the toxic friendship I can’t quit. I cancel every couple of months and weakly resub at the last possible minute. Something about the “it’s only $10” mentality gets me every time.
This month I received:
- Coola Hang Ten dark tanning oil: I love this so much! I’ve used it twice in the last week while laying out and I haven’t burned or anything. This stuff doesn’t have much of a scent and it is very absorbent and non-greasy. I love tanning so this was perfect for me.
- Lavilin Jojoba skin soother cream: Meh. This was nothing special. My BF used this to help relieve sunburn he incurred while mowing the lawn last weekend, and he said it smelled “just like the inside of a Halloween mask.” Yuck! There are too many good lotions out there to give an unpleasant one the time of day.
- Benefit They’re Real! mascara: This is an item I’ve been curious about for a long time. I just have tried so, so many mascaras and I see no reason to pay more than $10 for mascara. An item that needs replaced every other month better be a miracle to pay more than $20 for and drugstore mascaras are becoming increasingly awesome. Anyway, I am glad I got to try this but I don’t love it. The barbed end made it messy for me to apply.
- Bare Minerals 5-in-1 BB cream eyeshadow: The site claims this is a “supercharged primer” with 12-hour shadow wear. Unfortunately this didn’t work so well on me. I applied it with my finger, without primer, and it lasted maybe 4 hours after creasing almost immediately. I was hoping it would be a replacement for Maybelline Color Tattoos, which I think dry out too easily and are hard to blend. I think I will continue to give this a chance with primer and more careful application. I received it in Divine Wine and would love to try a lighter color.
- Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass lip and cheek stain: I was looking forward to this item, and it was a bit of a letdown. Other MuT-ers were raving about the delicious cherry smell…I think it smells like cheap vodka, possibly Burnetts. I prefer Benetint and will probably just throw this out soon.
My second pic has swatches of the Tints & Sass and then the 5-in-1 shadow. The stain is super streaky but the color is pretty. I love the color of the eyeshadow and I think it’s probably a close dupe for Maybelline Tough as Taupe, but with a subtle shimmer.
And the bag. I’m not a fan of the pink, pleather ravioli thing. Hopefully I’ll be able to trade it at some point. I wish it had been in a different color, but that pink is just too harsh for my taste.
What did you love about Ipsy this month? Share!